The First and the Last

1950 Rover P4

The first Rover P4 model, the 75, was introduced at the 1949 Earl’s Court Motor Show. The first cars had a third headlamp mounted in the centre of the radiator grille, a feature that gave rise to the nick-name “Cyclops”. As this was in violation of local lighting regulations in some markets, cars destined for those markets had the centre headlamp replaced by a chromium-plated “bullet”, as in the beautifully preserved 1950 75 shown here, formerly owned by Donna Newman of Toronto, Canada, and now the property of Dirk Burrowes of Fitchburg, Mass., U.S.A.


Rover 110, 1963

The last P4 models were the 95 and the 110, introduced at the 1962 Motor Show. They replaced the 80 and 100 models, which in turn had supplanted the 60, 75, 90, and 105 models in 1960. The last Rover P4 to come off the production line at Solihull, in May 1964, was a 95.

Please use your browser's "Back" button to
Return to the P4 Home Page